Painless In-Office Bleaching System
Opalescence Boost, a 40% hydrogen peroxide power whitening gel, offers brighter, whiter teeth after just 40 minutes in the dental chair. Opalescence Boost is chemically activated, so it starts working as soon as it is placed on your teeth and doesn't require a hot, uncomfortable light to work.
Opalescence® is a proven teeth whitening treatment that eliminates organic stains on the teeth and significantly brightens the smile. Opalescence® can be used with or without light activation of the gel provided at the discretion of the dentist. Opalescence® is an exceptionally quick and simple treatment. Bleaching gel is applied to the teeth for around 45 minutes. Opalescence® is completely safe and helps to protect dental enamel during treatment with added potassium nitrate and fluoride.
Why should I consider Boost Opalescence®?
Opalescence® combines hydrogen peroxide that serves to whiten the teeth, with potassium nitrate that reduces sensitivity and strengthens enamel. This treatment can only be used on generally healthy teeth that are free from disease and decay.
There are a great many reasons why Opalescence® is often preferred over other brands, including:
How is the Boost Opalescence® treatment performed?
Opalescence® whitening gel contains 38% hydrogen peroxide and potassium nitrate. After in-office treatment, gel and toothpaste containing lower concentrations of the whitening formula may be prescribed for use at home. The Opalescence® whitening gel is thick, which reduces mess during application.
Here is how the procedure will be performed:
- A thorough cleaning will remove debris from the surfaces of the teeth
- Photographs will be taken to record the current color of the teeth
- A cheek retractor will be inserted to expose the surfaces of key teeth
- A resin will be painted onto the gums to protect them
- The first covering of Opalescence® whitening gel will be applied to the teeth for 15 minutes
- The dentist will suction off the gel and check the whitening progress
- More gel will be applied for a further 15 minutes
- Again, the gel will be removed
- The mouth will be rinsed and the final round of whitening gel will be applied.
- The mouth will be cleaned and photographs of teeth color post-treatment will be taken
If the dentist chooses to expedite the whitening process with a specialized light, the light will be applied for approximately 30 seconds per gel application. The entire procedure, including the initial cleaning should take no more than 90 minutes.